(Lamb Slider w/ Rosemary)
As many of you prepare for this three day weekend, you may have holiday festivity planning on your mind. When I say festivities, I really mean the food. Let's face it, that's pretty much all I care about these days. Due to the fact that I just got back in town after being away from home for quite a while, we aren't planning any special get-together, but I am thinking about food. (When am I not?!)
Unless we are invited to a last-minute cookout or potluck, we'll just be cooking for ourselves this 4th of July. I really wish Cody and I could do what we did last year, which was hike up the Profile Trail at Grandfather Mountain and watch about 20+ firework displays happening down below. It was magical and completely awesome!
Since we can't go on a hike, I'll just cook instead. I've come across some helpful websites with a slew of 4th of July recipes that I'm sure will be useful if you are planning a special meal for your family. Whether you're searching for dessert ideas or grilling inspiration, I've got some great links to share for your fourth of July meal planning!
- 4th or July Weekend Menu Planner from Serious Eats: This is one of my favorite websites, the photography always makes my mouth water. Along with your classic BBQ recipes, they have recipes for dips, drinks, and desserts. I'd love to try the Lemon Basil Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches...Yum! Bonus: You'll also find links to grilling tips as well!
- 100 4th of July Recipes from Food Network: Not only do they wow you with tasty television, they also tantalize your taste buds with a website chock full of tempting recipes. If I'm on the hunt for a recipe, FN is likely one of the first places I will check. The recipe round-up they have compiled for the upcoming holiday meal planning definitely won't disappoint. Number #20, the Nacho Dog, is so up my alley. I'll take two, please!
- July 4th Recipe Category from Taste of Home: This recipe round-up has many different options to choose from with several different categories, like appetizers, side dishes, dinner, as well as a special dessert and ice cream section. The Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad, in the side dishes category, sounds delicious! I like the user reviews and star ratings posted on this site, it gives you a good idea of what might be worth trying.
- 4th of July Recipes from Cooking Light: If the images on their site don't make you drool, I don't know what will! The majority of the recipes in their round-up are simple to make and use a manageable amount of ingredients. I really want one of those Honey-Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches, it looks monstrous and messy...in a good way! I'd wash it down with one of those Watermelon Margaritas :D
DRINKS & DESSERTS
- 15 Creative Treats for July 4th from The Kitchn: I absolutely love this website. It's one of those places I always look when I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner on the fly with what I have in the cupboard. Their July 4th dessert round-up caught my eye because of the pop of patriotic colors. I probably wouldn't go through the trouble of being that festive, but I do love the ideas & recipes they posted. Maybe you will, too!
- Patriotic Dessert for the 4th of July from Food Your Way: Compared to The Kitchn, this is a smaller round-up of desserts, but I like a few of the ideas here as well. The Patriotic Cupcakes in a Jar are super cute; I'm such a sucker for desserts served in a mason jar :D
- Party Punches from Food & Wine: I really dislike those website that make you click through slow-running slideshows to see recipes, but I figured that this would be fun to share nonetheless.
VEGETARIANS, VEGANS & GLUTEN FREE
- Vegan 4th of July Menu from She Knows: This vegan recipe round-up has a range of options to choose from for those conscientious eaters. The Blackberry Cherry Salsa caught my attention along with the Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Peppers.
- Vegetarian Portobello Burgers from Wellsphere: I've tried some very juicy portobello bugers in my day, although I haven't tested this actual recipe. However, it looks and sounds incredible! Basil Pesto seems like the perfect compliment to this beefy mushroom, don't you think?!
- Gluten Free Fourth of July Recipes from Elana's Pantry: I just feel healthier when I peruse her website. It's simple and clean, just like her recipes. As far as I know, I don't have any reason to eat gluten-free, but that doesn't stop me from trying what she has to share any way. The Sesame Salmon Burgers are definitely something I'd like to try along with the Espresso Fudge Brownies.
I hope that some of the links shared in this 4th of July Recipe Round-Up will be helpful in your meal preparation. If anything, it might make you slightly more confused since there are so many great options to choose from! Either way, I hope you have a terrific 3-day weekend full of food, fireworks, and fun :D
Is is lunchtime yet, because this post has made me unbelievably hungry! How about you?
Like it? Share it!